Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our Summer Vacation


Really Fast...I just want Braden to know how much I love him and I think he is a fantastic father and a great provider. I wanted to do this earlier but we were vacationing. Thanks Dad for taking us on a fun family vacation!! This picture was taken on Father's Day at St.George in the condo on our way to church.


Here we are getting ready to leave back home. Our babysitters Sarah and Danielle (my sister) you guys are awesome! Thanks for helping Braden and I with our kids. We had a fun time going on dates and spending time with you guys as well. We love you!



We decided to take a trip to St. George for our summer vacation. Braden's grandpa Polatis has a condo up in Green Valley. We knew we wanted to get away from the cold and be somewhere warm. Braden had the idea of bringing babysitters with us so we could go out just the two of us in the evenings so we decided to bring my sister and her friend. We just wanted it to be relaxing and fun with our kids. It actually didn't start out that great. We arrived in St.George about 6pm and it was 98 degrees when we got there so we put on our swimsuits to go swimming (the condo has a fun swimming pool and kid pool) our babysitters had my 2 younger kids Faith and Lauren as we walking down to the pool. I went to go set up our towels thinking that they knew not to leave my kids alone even in the kiddie pool. I turned around and realized that Danielle and Sarah (babysitters) were in the big swimming pool. I turned to look in the kiddie pool and my 3 younger kids were in there and Lauren (my baby) is drowning I run over to her and she had been struggling then she stopped. I am panicking!! I grab her and she's blue and her eyes are kind of open but she is not moving one bit and I almost pass out because I can't believe this is happening. I know normally what to do in these situations and I know CPR but when it is your own child you are not thinking clearly at all. This BIG man ran over because he could see I was freaking out and he grabs her and starts slapping her on the back...he puts her down to do CPR but right as he turns her over she throws up water and was struggling for air this felt like eternity. It took her about 2 minutes before she could actually take deep full breaths of air. I just held her close to me in shock. Braden arrives and I start crying my eyes out probably for about a hour. This was a tiny kiddie pool and Lauren can even stand up in it but she must have fallen forward and couldn't get her feet back on the ground. I had to give my sister and her friend a big talk the next day when I wasn't so upset and I was thinking more clearly. I told them that the kids needed to be watched at all times. They felt really bad and were so sorry I don't blame them I actually blame myself because I should have talked to them before about what I expected from them. After the talk they were amazing babysitters and we were glad we had them come. I would recommend any family going on vacation to take babysitters. Braden doesn't know how to do CPR and I need to re certify so I decided we will go and do this because you never know when you might need to use it.
Scary start to our vacation but we ended up having a fun 9 days. St.George would get up to 104 degrees. We swam everyday! We came to just relax and do what the kids wanted and that was swimming. I love swimming so I had lots of fun. Braden likes to swim but was also happy coming to the pool and reading. He also had fun teaching Halle how to swim. It's sad coming home but fun knowing we have all summer to play together before school starts again.

2 comments:

barterboutique said...

Oh my gosh!!! My heart is pounding! I know CPR too, but if that ever happened to my one of my kids, I think everything in my brain would be gone. SO SCARY, but I amd glad everything was okay.

Springer Family said...

That is so scary! I am so happy everything is fine with her. while in Vegas Cali was in her floaty in the kiddie pool and could touch and was walking around having a good time, when she suddenly fell over the front of the floaty face first in the pool. I was about five feet away from her. I made it to her and she was fine, but it scared me to death I thought she had hit her head on the side of the pool. I have learned to watch her every second things happen so fast. I am glad the rest of your vacation went well. You really do have the cutest kids.