Friday, June 20, 2008

What We Did...


The Sunday we were there we decided we would go to the St. George temple and go see the Joseph Smith video. I had never seen it and it was really good. I love this temple! My parents were married here. My mom grew up right outside Las Vegas, Nevada in a place called Overton/Logandale. Every year we would come visit my grandma during our Easter break and would have a huge Easter egg hunt up in the red sandy cliffs. I remember the 1st time we had a Easter egg hunt in the grass in Idaho and it was cold. I remember HATING it. I love St. George! In some ways it feels like home. Luke didn't want to leave and he kept asking if we could live in St. George. SO CUTE!


This is Hoover Dam near Las Vegas. I really wanted Braden to come see this dam. He had never been there before. I really wanted to go inside the dam but with the kids we knew it would be difficult so we just drover over it and took pictures. We also heard it cost $25 a person to go inside the dam. When I was little my mom said it only cost a 25 cents a person and they would take you through the whole dam where now they only took you part way. You must see this dam!


Here is the new highway they are making over Hoover dam. I will NOT be driving over it when it is done. My picture doesn't do it justice. It is extremely high. I guess the reason for building it is so that terrorist will decide to bomb that instead of Hoover dam.


Braden's mission companion lives in Las Vegas. We went over to there house to have a BBQ and swim in there pool. We took the kids that night to Kung Fu Panda. I love Las Vegas but I forgot how spendy some things can be. A movie ticket cost 10.50 a person and we even had to pay for Lauren who is only 2. Plus we had to pay to park our car as well as treats to make the kids happy. This is a picture of Braden's mission companion and his wife and kids. It was so much fun!


This is a random picture of Colorado City, Arizona. We accidentally came across here while sight seeing. We actually wanted to go to Zion's national park but the kids were fighting and we didn't want to pay to drive around if the kids were going to fight and cry so we decided to drive outside the park. Just a few miles maybe 30 miles out of Hurricane, UT we came across Colorado City. We were wondering before who would live in the middle of nowhere and out of reach of anything and everything that's when we came across Colorado City and I remembered this is where the polygamist live. We drove in and everywhere we looked we saw the people and kids in those long hot clothes. All the houses aren't finished and they all have brand new pickups with tented windows. I have seen enough Oprah's to know they follow you and they have cameras all over so we decided to leave. All the houses are in these cement fences.

1 comment:

barterboutique said...

I remember out trip to St. G and visiting the temple. You should have taken pictures of that house with the HUGE wire animals? That is definitely worth a picture!!!